Skip to main content

Nutrition & Health


Director of Food Service - Will Brown

Food Service Managers:
Susan Ray, Caldwell County High School - 270.365.8012
Carrie Hutchinson, Caldwell County Middle School - 270.365.8028
Vickie Purcell, Caldwell County Elementary School - 270.365.8033
Vickie Wright, Caldwell County Primary School - 270.365.8043

Why Buy Breakfast or Lunch at School?
• Nutritious meals which reflect the Dietary Guidelines for Americans
• Food is safe and sanitary
• Costs less than bringing an equally nutritious lunch from home
• Several choices available daily

What is a Healthy Diet?
A healthy diet includes at least five (5) servings of fruits and vegetables a day and plenty of whole grains and beans. Fruits and vegetables are flavorful, economical, healthy, easy and fun. Start the whole family eating healthier with five (5) servings of fruits and vegetables every day.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.  Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.

Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; 

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Food Service Policy
Nutrition Physical Activity Report Card